Congratulations, you are planning to quit! But do you know why you want to stop?
Maybe you are concerned about your family, or perhaps you want to live a healthier life. Alternatively, do you want to save money? These are all valid reasons to stop smoking! But then again, what is yours. Not sure, then answer these questions.
- Do you have something you will miss when not smoking?
- What do you dislike when smoking?
- Is smoking affecting your health?
- Will your life get better if you stop?
- What will happen to you and your family if you do not quit smoking?
Once you answer these questions, keep reminding yourself every day why you want to quit. Reminding yourself helps inspire you to stop for good.
Do You Want to Live Healthier?
Yes, of course, you do, and for the following reasons, you should consider quitting.
- Your teeth and fingernails will be stain-free, making you feel better about yourself.
- Your skin will glow, making you look youthful.
- One thing is sure your blood pressure will drop, and you will cough less while breathing easier.
- The chance of getting smoke-related diseases from a stroke, heart attack, to cancer goes down.
- Lastly, the likeliness of catching a cold is less, and you recover faster from illnesses.
You will start feeling better while improving your health when quitting. Yet, these are not the only reasons for you to stop smoking.
Change Your Lifestyle for Better
Quitting smoking leaves you with more money to spend on other essential things. You can start a new hobby and catch up time with the family. You need not worry about when your next smoke will be or where you’re not allowed to smoke.
Your smell and taste will improve, and even your clothes, car, and home will smell better. You will notice different aromas from flowers to food, making all your senses tingle. One thing is sure your family life will also change.
- You will set an example for your kids as it takes a lot to quit.
- Family, coworkers, and friends will be proud of you.
- You will protect others from secondhand smoke, even your pets.
- Your home will be healthier as it smells great without polluting the air with secondhand smoke.
- Eventually, you will get healthier and able to share all those special moments with loved ones.
These are only a few reasons why you should stop smoking. Make your list today why you want to be smoke-free. Keep that list in your car where that packet of cigarettes used to be. Or keep it anywhere else you know when the cravings start. When the urge arises, peek at your list as a reminder as to why you want to quit.